OUR sketching kits!!!

Discuss all topics related to sketching

Re: OUR sketching kits!!!

Postby Alitogata » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:07 pm

I'm about to order the ultimate custom sketching and painting brass box.
Here:
http://www.lapetitepalette.com/index.html
Peter Berkovski is a fellow Bulgarian watercolourist who just started a new company specialized on making brass watercolour boxes. And why not.. he knows first hand the artists' needs.
So I contacted him, I told him my perverted desires and he promised that he will satisfied them with the most optimal and operational way at the best price available on market. Ahhh...You are going to envy me... :P :wink:
Check his website. The guy knows what he is doing..
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby Andre Jute » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:03 pm

When you find out how heavy a brass paintbox is, and how inelegantly lopsided you walk with it, I'll take it off your hands and won't even charge you for the service.
Andre Jute
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Andre Jute wrote:When you find out how heavy a brass paintbox is, and how inelegantly lopsided you walk with it, I'll take it off your hands and won't even charge you for the service.

Ha ha ha... don't worry. It will never get out of my studio. I have already experience the lose of some of my favourite painting tools when my hand bag was stolen some years ago, including and very nice box that I was using for my paints and it was a gift that had a special emotional value for me. Lesson learned the hard way and that is the reason why all my sketching kits are consistent of cheap and easily replaceable stuff. The cheaper the best.
I don't even hold any of my favourite hand bags when I'm going for outdoor sketching. Because the last time I was crying for the hand bag too. ( leather, expensive thing).
Anyway when I'll get this box it will stay indoors and it will be a sketching box in theory and not in practice. I have no intention to gift my painting materials to bag snatchers.
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby Andre Jute » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:27 pm

Ha! I'm not envious at all. The photos on his netsite are great. When you get the box, don't forget to post more photos here.
Andre Jute
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Andre Jute wrote:Ha! I'm not envious at all. The photos on his netsite are great. When you get the box, don't forget to post more photos here.

I will.. don't worry... ( be happy)! :)
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Previous

Return to Sketch Talk