Artistic insecurities ( ??? )

Discuss all topics related to sketching

Re: Artistic insecurities ( ??? )

Postby Moonshadowe » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:35 pm

I guess I have a bit of egg on my face, and likely a side of bacon as well. Being new to the forum I had no idea your painting skills were on a level of masterful. If you feel your artwork isn't good enough, you shouldn't. Your work is no less than amazing.
Moonshadowe
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Well...It is not.. but thanks for your kind words and the psychological support either way... :)
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby brianvds » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Alitogata wrote:Have you ever thought, that your sketches are not that good? ( comparing them with other peoples' sketches)
Have you ever felt that other people sketch better than you do, that you are not that skilled enough, that you make very little progress on drawing and sketching, that you haven't find your personal artistic style yet, etc etc etc.. ???

Because these are some of the thoughts I do sometimes, and I feel disappointed and get angry with myself for not trying enough.. Have you ever feel this way and how do you deal with the feel of being inadequate? ( if you ever felt this way of course).
:(

I feel that way all the time, and have felt that way for the past thirty years. One has to just keep on putting on a brave and confident face - very exhausting. :-)
brianvds
one of the regulars

Previous

Return to Sketch Talk