De Atramentis Document Ink

Discuss all topics related to sketching

De Atramentis Document Ink

Postby Rebecca » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Seems there is another option for permanent fountain pen inks:
http://janeblundellart.blogspot.com/201 ... -inks.html
Goulet Pens posted that they just stocked up:
http://blog.gouletpens.com/2015/04/docu ... -back.html
I'm not getting any at this time (still busy with the endless project), but if anyone does try this, I'd love to see the results and get your opinions.
Rebecca
Rebecca
one of the regulars

Re: De Atramentis Document Ink

Postby johunter » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:51 am

I use the De Atramentis Archive Ink (Black) in a Lamy Safari. I don't have much experience with other inks but can attest that De Atramentis is great. It dries really quickly and is truly waterproof. I do watercolour washes on top all the time and haven't had any problems. It probably varies a lot on the paper but I don't have much problem with bleeding/feathering either. Great to have an affordable alternative to Noodlers or Platinum Carbon available in the UK.
johunter
one of the regulars

Re: De Atramentis Document Ink

Postby Rebecca » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:46 am

Thanks for your reply, johunter.
I read in a few places that these inks are pigment based. That would be good. And they say they are very fluid. Not necessarily good. Too fluid might make the lines overly fat. Do you find that you cannot get a very fine line with the De Atramentis Archive ink? I wonder if that is the same as the Document Ink? Anyway, if anyone gets these and also uses Noodlers Black or any of the carbon inks we've discussed in this forum, please show us a comparison.
Thanks.
Rebecca
Rebecca
one of the regulars

Return to Sketch Talk