How to dismantle Pentel pocket brush pen for cleaning?

Discuss all topics related to sketching

How to dismantle Pentel pocket brush pen for cleaning?

Postby indraneel » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Seems to be my first post here, although it looks like I signed up 4 years back!

My Pentel pocket brush has finally clogged. I had been refilling it with partly diluted rotring isograph technical pen ink. It did work about half a dozen times, although the flow was getting weaker... yes, I have been an idiot not to have seen the writing...

The brush tip is just fine, so I want to save the brush if possible. Also it's not available in India :cry: . So how do I open up the front part (section?) without breaking everything? Does anyone have an old tattered brush with a bad tip that they might want to donate for the cause of art? With some photos of what they found hiding inside?

I can't believe the internet came up empty for this important dissection! OTOH, maybe no one has ever been an idiot like me and refilled it with technical pen ink... (I'm having a hard time believing it though)...

I'm desperate, please help! I'm clutching at straws! (yes, I did try to suck back the pigment with a syringe and rubber hose... no luck)
indraneel

Re: How to dismantle Pentel pocket brush pen for cleaning?

Postby joly1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:59 am

The tip holding the bristles is friction fit, you can pull it gently with small pliers , adding a small rubber band to avoid harming the plastic, you will see a kind of wick driving the ink from the cartrige to the tip, this is where the ink clogging happens, soak it in a soapy water and you should be done, good luck :D :?
joly1
one of the regulars

Postby joly1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:06 am

This topic has been discussed in the subject "how to use a brush pen" I proposed a solution to replace the wick
joly1
one of the regulars

Postby joly1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:56 am

Was it of any help ? :D :P
joly1
one of the regulars

Return to Sketch Talk