Locations in Paris

Discuss all topics related to sketching

Locations in Paris

Postby Thecornflake » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:22 pm

I've got a business conference in Paris in October so I've asked if I can add an extra day as I'd love to do some sketching there. I've been once before and done the whole tourist thing but that was a few years ago. I would like to draw Notre Dame and Sacre Coeur (sorry for any bad spelling) but interested to know about any other good places for some urban sketching.
If I Try and Google for sketching locations in Paris all I get are about how to find a good portrait artist in Paris!
Last edited by Thecornflake on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thecornflake

Re: Locations in Parris

Postby Rebecca » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi, I searched "paris benches" and found among some other good results, https://foursquare.com/top-places/paris ... es-benches which has some things to say about nice places to sit and picnic. Someone even mentions sketching.
Also, I searched for Paris cafes for writing. Lots of hits on that. Here is just one: http://www.globalgrasshopper.com/travel ... s-writing/
Something in these should suit your interests, I hope.
Show us what you sketched when you get back!
Rebecca
Rebecca
one of the regulars

Re: Locations in Parris

Postby cestjeffici » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:20 am

Having only one day in Paris to sketch is a challenge. I live in Paris for 5 or 6 months every year and I never run out of good places to sketch. Don't stress, you can't get it all, not in one day, not ever. Notre Dame is a good place to start. Île St Louis is close by and is also good for sketching. Between those two sites you have a cathedral, a park full of people, cafés, the Seine, a Quai, and a couple of bridges. Close by is Place St Michel and the Latin Quarter. You can fill a day (or a year) just in this small area.

You can check out Paris Sketchers, a Flickr group, to see where they have been sketching and maybe even join them for an outing.

I'll be in Paris from Sep 4th through November 14th and always happy to meet fellow sketchers.
cestjeffici
familiar face

Return to Sketch Talk