Welcome to Sketch Talk

Discuss all topics related to sketching

Welcome Katherine T!

Postby Russ » Tue May 23, 2006 12:56 am

Hello Katherine T, and welcome!

I spent some time at your excellent online sketchbook. Now that things have returned to normal here I can start thinking about adding more links to the "sketchers on the web" section on the homepage. With your permission I'd like to add yours (if it is not already there).

If anybody else has a link that I've overlooked, please let me know. I'm sure I've overlooked several!
Russ
Custodian

Postby Katherine T » Tue May 23, 2006 1:12 am

Russ - thanks for the welcome - and yes, I'd loved to be added to your front page.
My blog: Making A Mark http://makingamark.blogspot.com - #3 in the top 25 art blogs in the UK
My Sketchblog Travels with a Sketchbook http://travelsketch.blogspot.com - recommended by "The Times"
Katherine T
one of the regulars

Postby Russ » Tue May 23, 2006 1:23 am

Thank you, that evens out the three columns. :)

But just going back a little bit I see I didn't add the web site of r.e.wolf either (I could probably find more if I went back further).

r.e.wolf, would you like yours added as well?
Russ
Custodian

Postby r.e.wolf » Tue May 23, 2006 3:47 am

That'd be great, Russ - so long as uneven columns won't bug you!
r.e.wolf

Bone & Shadow
r.e.wolf
familiar face

Postby r.e.wolf » Wed May 24, 2006 2:01 am

Scooting back in to leave a welcome message for K.Lynn - my very talented wife!
r.e.wolf

Bone & Shadow
r.e.wolf
familiar face

Postby Russ » Wed May 24, 2006 5:13 am

Okay, r.e.wolf is on the list now! And welcome K.Lynn!
Russ
Custodian

Hello sketchers

Postby Bill Sharp » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:54 am

I've been visiting this forum for some time with interest.

Russell's sketch book has inspired me, along with the Sketchcrawl site. I've always wanted to do more on site painting but hated the idea of dragging a lot of crap along. Russell and Enrico, from Sketchcrawl, have shown me tools that make it so easy to go out and sketch with a minimum of trouble.

I've been sketching pretty much everyday for the past couple of months and recently participated in the 12th World Wide Sketchcrawl. I've been having a lot of fun with this and really appreciate Russell's willingness to share what he's learned with the world.

Thanks Russel!
Bill Sharp
one of the regulars

Welcome!

Postby Russ » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:19 am

Glad to see you were finally able to get on board! Sketching pretty much every day? Now THAT'S inspring!
Russ
Custodian

Hi everyone ...

Postby TMLee » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:45 am

Hi all ..
New here.

Found this forum from Nakaya Pen site through the Fountain Pen Network forum.

Look forward to learning more about sketching.
TMLee
familiar face

Postby Russ » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:19 am

Welcome TMLee! I hadn't realized the Nakaya folks had this forum linked on their page. I have some of their fountain pens, and they are great.

Glad you found this place!
Russ
Custodian

Postby TMLee » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:27 am

Russ wrote:Welcome TMLee! I hadn't realized the Nakaya folks had this forum linked on their page. I have some of their fountain pens, and they are great.

Glad you found this place!

Hi RS...
Yes , I am interested in Nakaya pens.

What I need to know is how flexy is their elastic nibs compared to their standard soft medium nibs compared to the Danitrio Raw Ebonite Flexy Stub nib(I have this pen)

And oh , for sketch content here - I can't find them penbrushes here in Singapore.

Rgds
TMLee
familiar face

Postby Russ » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:28 pm

I tried the Nakaya elastic nib pen and it was pretty flexible. I have never tried the other one you mention.

Brush pens are great! Definitely worth buying one online.
Russ
Custodian

Postby Copal » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:06 am

Hi all!
Been lurking a little but kept off joining 'till I could get outside to sketch a bit.
Found the site via Russ' sketchbook site.
Some great stuff there and the thing that introduced me to the waterbrush.
Nice to meetcha!
Cameron
Copal
familiar face

Welcome Copal

Postby Russ » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:25 am

Hi Cameron,

Welcome to the Sketch Forum. I confess I need to get out and sketch more as well, now that the weather is warming up. The die-hard sketchers here have a right to pile up on me for admitting that. :)
Russ
Custodian

Postby inkysmudges » Fri May 04, 2007 7:57 am

Hello gang, my name is Trevor and I'm ... whoops, wrong speech. :oops:

Well my name is Trevor so let's carry on from there. I found Russ' site several moons ago, shortly after my New Year's resolution to try to learn to sketch and draw. I must admit that it influenced me hugely because he's done and is doing pretty much exactly the kind of thing I want to learn to do.

I love the look and feel of pen and ink and, on Russ' recommendations on his site, have a brush pen which I really enjoy too. Great little tool, though I can see it's going to take me a very l o n g time to learn to use it well.

Like many of you my interests have tended to swing in the fountain pen, waterproof ink direction and I must confess I'm now up to my ears in both, and papers too. Fortunately I live in Paris and if there's one thing this city is good for it's art supplies. The French adore the whole "beaux arts" thing and it seems there's a decent shop in every quartier.

Anyway, there it is, my intro. If you'd care to have a boo at my scratchings and scribblings swing by my humble blog. It isn't much so please lower your expectations.

Regards,
Trevor aka inkysmudges
inkysmudges
one of the regulars

PreviousNext

Return to Sketch Talk