Welcome to Sketch Talk

Discuss all topics related to sketching

Postby Russ » Fri May 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Welcome Trevor! I'm glad you finally made it aboard. Pen and ink people are always more than welcome here!
Russ
Custodian

Postby inkysmudges » Sun May 06, 2007 5:01 pm

Thanks Russ, nice to be amongst like-minded folk.
inkysmudges
one of the regulars

Postby Akoi Meexx » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:10 am

Well, I finally got signed up! Wound up using my work email address since the gmail issue still hadn't been turned off (or was and someone else snuck in before me, heh).

Anyways, my name is Johnathan, and I love sketching. Lately though it seems my works have been bland and boring to me; I feel like I need a fresh start along with a lot of practice and improvement. I was excited to find this forum, and hope to grow in my artistic talents while meeting many new and interesting people.

So, yes. Hi. Sorry for rambling. :)
-Akoi
Akoi Meexx

Postby Russ » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:04 am

Hi Akoi, and welcome! Yeah, the spammers with gmail addresses can be aggressive so I had to close that gate after several days.

Glad you made it in!
Russ
Custodian

Postby stereoxide » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi!

Name's Mark. Been sketching for a long while now since mid-highschool. Ive been using my sketchbooks as a journal.

Im a brush and ink guy.

Don't quite know exactly how I ended up in this site. But Im glad I did. One minute I was googling how to fix air conditioners (its hot in here) next thing I know I was looking at sketches in google images. Needless to say I totally forgot about that air conditioner and ended up registering in this forum. I mean, I just had to join a community which shares my passion (woo, strong word) for sketching. I also love looking at other peoples sketchbooks. Gives me an insight to how other people see the world.

And my air conditioner is still broken.
stereoxide
one of the regulars

Postby Russ » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:38 am

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. Perhaps somebody will post something about air conditioners so your quest will be complete. :)
Russ
Custodian

Postby jubilee » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi all!
I've been lurking here for a while so I've decided to introduce myself at last. I'm G, nickname Jubilee, I live in Italy where contrary to popular belief it's not so easy to find art supplies.
I prefer pencil and watercolour sketches but I've recently started dabbling with ink and here it's a great place to learn.

I've found the forum googling for ways of improving Moleskine paper to accept watercolours and here I am!

Cheers
G aka Jubilee
jubilee

INTRODUCTION

Postby pgholt » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:34 am

Hello to all,
This is my first post to any Forum. I am not generally a joiner, but found so many great sketching Web sites here I just had to join.

I am a retired computer engineer, who has a passion for sketching. My sketching blog is "pgholt-sketches.blogspot.com". I was inspired by our leader Russ's web pages to develop my own blog. My two other activities are oil painting, and Bonsai. I have blog sites for each of these activities.
If any one is interested you can find links to my oils, and Bonsai in my sketching blog.

Thanks agin to Russ for this Forum,
Phil
pgholt

Postby Russ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:39 am

Welcome, Phil, to the forum! Of course, I'm not the leader of this group. I'm more of the janitor... :)
Russ
Custodian

Postby HA Houston » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Hello, everyone! Sketching is something I've wanted to do, for several decades now, and had only given it the odd try, off and on. I decided to just up and do this. Am enjoying it tremendously and discovering that my fountain pens can do much more than write letters. It's wonderfully daring to just sketch with a pen. Am using colored pencils now, to get my bearings with colors. Watercolors will be next. I've always found pen-and-ink drawings with watercolors fascinating.

Am enjoying reading the threads here and studying what others do, and have done.

I started by decorating my letters, and that old card stock, bought on clearance, is being used for something I enjoy.

Thanks much for being here!
HA Houston
one of the regulars

Postby Russ » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:45 pm

Welcome HA Houston! Great to have another fountain pen sketcher on board!
Russ
Custodian

Postby manisha » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:30 pm

hi people,
am Manisha, am new to this place.
and i really want to see how this place works. am not a professional, but i love to sketch for the love of it only....and am a student.

my blog...

http://nisha-shades.blogspot.com/

:D looking forward.

have a great time.
manisha

Postby Russ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:09 pm

Welcome to the forum, manisha!
Russ
Custodian

Hello

Postby byot » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:13 am

Hi all,
my name's Sarah and I'm an artist and illustrator from the UK and I'm very happy to *meet* you all.

You can see some sketches here: http://drawingdiary.wordpress.com/
I mainly like to sketch people, and it is rare I draw/illustrate anything without a character in it but I've recently moved into the country which is forcing me to consider other subjects though there isn't much evidence of that on my blog yet!

Look forward to seeing everyones' sketches

Sarah

I put this in the wrong place originally, so I thought I'd copy it over!
byot
one of the regulars

Postby HA Houston » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:47 am

Sarah, welcome. I took a quick look at some of your sketches. You show so much of how people really are. I found myself smiling a lot. Glad you're here!
HA Houston
one of the regulars

PreviousNext

Return to Sketch Talk