Alitogata's Sketches

Show your sketches

Re: Alitogata's Sketches

Postby rose » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:33 pm

I like the play of lights and the style of the Paris Lights.
rose
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:11 pm

I know that this is not exactly what we could call a sketch.. but I want just an opinion about this.

Roses in my vases- Watercolour Painting- Artist Marialena Sarris-  7-8-2016 web.jpg
Roses in my vases- Watercolour Painting- Artist Marialena Sarris- 7-8-2016 web.jpg (89.79 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby Andre Jute » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:58 pm

What do you want to know?

In general it is a first class painting, beautifully detailed, imaginatively composed (lotta movement for a still life!), all the right colors, dramatically posed against black. Unusual, but that very likely adds value.

I would say without hesitation that for artistic appeal it is the best work you've ever shown here. Also, on appearance alone, the most technically accomplished.
Andre Jute
one of the regulars

Postby Russ » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:50 am

Wow! Watercolor? Amazing!
Russ
Custodian

Postby Alitogata » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:55 pm

Andre Jute wrote:What do you want to know?

An opinion.. :)
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:05 am

This is a sketch study that I made last night following a YouTube tutorial of Kristof Kowalski. ( the reference photo is his )

Any similarity with his painting is accidental, coincidental and in the mind of the viewer!! ha ha ha :lol: :lol:

Another Rose- Watercolor Floral Study- Artist Marialena Sarris- © 8-9-2016.jpg
Another Rose- Watercolor Floral Study- Artist Marialena Sarris- © 8-9-2016.jpg (105.25 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby joly1 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:04 pm

Andre Jute wrote:What do you want to know?

In general it is a first class painting, beautifully detailed, imaginatively composed (lotta movement for a still life!), all the right colors, dramatically posed against black. Unusual, but that very likely adds value.

I would say without hesitation that for artistic appeal it is the best work you've ever shown here. Also, on appearance alone, the most technically accomplished.

I could not say otherwise, lucky you are that all your work may bring you to such a level of quality
joly1
one of the regulars

Postby RajeshS » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:42 pm

WOW!!!! Alitogata!

Those roses! The dark background is so stricking!

Andre is so right - this is just so superior and your very best. I must admit - I was pleasantly surprised. You are such an acomplished artist!

The Wolf - it is just so intense! The grasshopper too - all incredible paintings

Do you exhibit too? Do you also sell your sketches/paintings professionally? The "Roses in my vase" - is surely a masterpiece!

rajesh
RajeshS
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:25 pm

A sketch and a painting..
The painting is a copy of Leonardo Da Vinci's Lady with an Ermine. I wanted this painting for my wall so I painted it myself. My sister said that Cecilia Gallerani , the lady with the pet, looks like me, but I told her that my nose is not that straight as hers, but my sister insists that we look alike. Rumours..! I refute them..! :roll:

Flower-Watercolour Sketch- Artist Marialena Sarris- © 9-10-2016.jpg
Flower-Watercolour Sketch- Artist Marialena Sarris- © 9-10-2016.jpg (133.68 KiB) Viewed 252 times

Cecilia Gallerani- Watercolour Painting Study- Artist Marialena Sarris after Leonardo Da Vinci- web ©  21-10-2016.jpg
Cecilia Gallerani- Watercolour Painting Study- Artist Marialena Sarris after Leonardo Da Vinci- web © 21-10-2016.jpg (97.21 KiB) Viewed 252 times
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby Andre Jute » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:18 am

Gee, a hippie with a water rat, in the style of Leonardo!

That's a super piece of portraiture, Marialena. Your entire thread is a lesson in how you developed your skills, and how now you're putting them together in really superior pieces.

How long did that take to paint?
Andre Jute
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:01 pm

Three days to paint it and countless attempts to scan it. My scanner oversaturates the colours on her face but when I take a photo the background looks like it has holes and her necklace looks white. The camera sees through the more transparent colours while the scanner reads all of them as opaque. :roll:

But in real looks fine and I have a nice large frame to put it in there and it will look perfect on my wall.

The supposed ermine doesn't look like any known species. :lol: I don't know what the heck was that creature she was holding. :?: It might be one of the extinct ones, like the Doddos.. :lol: :lol:
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby Andre Jute » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Alitogata wrote:But in real looks fine and I have a nice large frame to put it in there and it will look perfect on my wall.

Never mind the poor woman's face; Leonardo's women all look like horses aware that they have bad teeth. That draped blue cloth over her shoulder is already worth the price of admission. Very nice work, Marialena.

Alitogata wrote:The supposed ermine doesn't look like any known species. :lol: I don't know what the heck was that creature she was holding. :?: It might be one of the extinct ones, like the Doddos.. :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Leonardo made up that animal, or if perhaps it was mythical, in the sense that he took it from some primitive painting in a monastery somewhere, made before live models became de riguer in Giotto's time a couple of centuries before Leonardo. The rules, such as they were, didn't apply to Leonardo, who was an engineer before he was an artist.
Last edited by Andre Jute on Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Jute
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:17 am

Leonardo's women don't look like horses. They look too "experienced" for their supposed young age. They all have something slutty on them.
Mona Lisa f.e is not famous for her smile as wrongly people think but for her eyes. She has the look "have I taken you, babe?". ( I bet that she did before the portrait was finished).

Look if you don't believe me.

mona_2352492b.jpg
mona_2352492b.jpg (21.15 KiB) Viewed 229 times
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:22 am

I agree that the animal is some sort of imaginary creature. On the original its back is missing too, under the woman's huge hands. :lol: I had to change a bit the animal.

I couldn't figure out what was going on with her hair too. She wears a veil caught with the band in her forehead but what is going on under her chin? Has she caught her hair under it? What sort of hairdo was this? :?:
Alitogata
one of the regulars

Postby Alitogata » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:37 am

And another thing.. ( I remember them one after the other).
The draped blue cloth is some sort of half wore overcoat. She wears it only on her left side but Da Vinci had some sort of obsession with half wore clothes. Most of his figures wear clothes this way and their shoulders and sleeves have different colours. I don't know if this was some sort of odd fashion or he did it in purpose for his paintings...
Alitogata
one of the regulars

PreviousNext

Return to Sketch Gallery