Welcome to the Sketch Gallery

Show your sketches

Welcome to the Sketch Gallery

Postby Russ » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:09 pm

Feel free to upload scans of your sketches here, or comment on others' sketches. Dabblers and first time sketchers are welcome to post their work here. Let's phrase our comments in a way that they will be helpful and constructive. We want to see our fellow artists grow and not become discouraged, right?

If you are not sure how to upload images, just click on FAQ at the top of this page.

If you want to just include a link to an image already on your web pages, just click on the Img button which is located in the row of buttons above, just under the subject text box. Some code text (Img between brackets) will appear in your message. Just paste in the URL of your image behind that text.

There are several ways to find the URL to your image. On some browsers you can click on the image, drag it off the browser window and then back in, keeping the mouse button down. Or you can right click (control click on Macs) to show just the image. The URL will appear in the address window at the top.

Please keep your image sizes no bigger than your monitor screen. Having to scroll around just to see the whole image will probably result in less than the desired effect!

There is a lot of talking in this section, too, which sometimes makes it resemble the Sketch Talk section. Hey, we're artists; We can handle a little fuzziness, right? :D

We have a lot of members who have their own blogs full of sketches. Feel free to post those sketches here as well and link back to your blog.

Registration is required on the Sketching Forum because so many automated programs are trying to flood the board with fake names. Please read the announcement, How to register as a member which can be found at the top of this forum.
Russ
Custodian

Re: Welcome to the Sketch Gallery

Postby epek » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:45 am

Russ, was there not a certain set of dimensions that you could use photoshop etc to scale to and then it would all look Ok. I did know once but it has been I while since I visitewd the forum.
epek
one of the regulars

Re: Welcome to the Sketch Gallery

Postby Russ » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:40 am

There was a time when most monitors were 640 pixels wide, if I recall correctly. I usually make my own images no wider than 500 pixels wide simply because it's a nice round number that is stuck in my mind. :)
Russ
Custodian

Return to Sketch Gallery